Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm going to try to blog

Hello. This is my attempt at blogging. We'll see how it goes. I want a place to record testimonies of what God has done and is doing, and prayer requests. This way people can pray and thank God along with me, and I can have it on record to look back on and remember God's goodness and faithfulness.
So here it goes:
I moved to Milwaukee, WI just over 3 weeks ago, and in that time God has done some great things. I'm just going to list a few things that are neat.

-My parents, sister, and I had a good, safe trip from Hull to Milwaukee.
-I didn't have to pay for a single meal until nearly 2 weeks after I got here.
-God is providing housing for me. The house I'll be living in isn't quite ready for me to move into, so I have been living with some people from the church. I have not had a night where I haven't had a place to stay!
-The house needs some fixing up (it was a foreclosure that had the copper wiring and plumbing stripped out of it and many windows busted.) But God has provided people to donate supplies, time and labor in fixing and cleaning it up, and plumbers and electricians who will do the work for pretty much free.
-As we've been doing some work on the house (fixing things up, painting, destroying moldy walls!) kids from the neighborhood have come and asked to help. So I've gotten to hang out with and get to know several youth from the neighborhood before I've even moved in! And I've gotten to share lunch with several of them as a thanks for helping out.
-I've gotten to go play pick up basketball with a guy from church at 6 A.M. a few times. You may not think this is a good thing, but anytime I can get on the court is good.
-God provided a nice little office for us right next to the theater we meet in on Sunday mornings. We now have a space for the kids ministry, midweek Bible studies, and other various things.

There are many other things God has done over the past few weeks, but those are the big ones.

A few prayer points:
-I'm still looking for a part-time job to give me a little income
-The house needs a new roof. We have $5000 towards it, but most estimates are around $16000.

No comments:

Post a Comment